United Nations

United Nations Employee Reviews

Switzerland14 reviews
A lot of bureaucracy, but great work-life balance. Management is very obsolete. Hardest part of the job is to not be bored and self motivate to achieve more.
Travail de sécurité en général au contact d autres professionnels issus de l Arméé Police ou Gendarmerie.
Cadre superbe et missions variées
Tres beau poste malheureusement temporaire et fin de contrat short terme sans aucun préavis
Worked under pressure to complete correspondence for regular dispatch to other departments, and exterior Agencies. Very pleasant place to work and live, but I missed my home and family in England.
Working for the UN is an interesting opportunity but the fact that interns are unpaid is a bit ironic for an institution supposed to uphold human rights.
Very nice ethics and work culture. The management were very friendly and welcoming and their are nice peeks in place for all staffs (temporary and permanent). Definitely, highly recommended.
Fantastique expérience. Pouvoir passer du temps dans l'un des endroits qui changent le monde est gratifiant.
One of the greatest experiences of my life, multicultural, rich in culture, working for Human Rights was one of the best things of this experience.
A typical day was to prepare everything linked to international conferences, dealing with many people from different cultures. At the same time I had to be ready to deal with little or big problems, Finding the solution of each one of them was very challenging.

Definately, the most interesting part was dealing with clients from all over the world and languages.
Through this internship, I had the opportunity to network with many individuals and grow as a young professional. I got the opportunity to learn about how the UN works, what the priorities are, and the more bureaucratic issues associated with global progress.
I´m working with them from far away, we communicate via mail all the time, also in more than one occasions, when there has been meetings, they connect me with Skype and I have been present.
Everyone is super amazing and hard-working, polite and when I don´t understand something, one is always willing to explain me.
échanges en anglais, rencontre des 4 coins du monde
This is one of the best places to work and we have 8 hour, 5 working days per week. Highly diverse and excellent management team on the top. My co-working are from different nationalities and fun to work with, so understanding each others cultures and adjusted to everyone was not that easy at the beginning.
Most enjoyable part of the job was our weekly meetings.
Pros
Probably the World Best pension benefits in the world.
Cons
Recruitment process could be too long.
Eu me sinto privilegiado pois não tenho nada a reclamar das minhas experiências profissionais desde meu primeiro emprego ate então...
Pros
boas condições de trabalho
Cons
Sem contras
One of the most exceptional work experiences of my life, where I learned a great deal.
Pros
a great organization.
Cons
no cons.