Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Switzerland23 reviews
Fantastic work place, collaboration, fun, challenging, encourage employees to take decisions and to have add projects but with many restructurings and continuously changes in process, etc
Pros
Good pension plan
Cons
Stress, very challenging to be promoted
travail varié, evolution salariale genereuses,
bonne culture d entreprise.

l ambiante multiculturelle qu on attend d une multinationale
Pros
salaire horaire ambiance
Cons
aucun
Days were very varied and always busy. Great team spirit. Mutual confidence and respect between colleagues and managers. Great multicultural environment. One had to be committed and be a hard worker. Overtime might have been necessary. Constant learning about new products, systems and procedures. Working from home was possible whenever possible.
The work atmosphere is overall really good.
Workload is high and processes change very quickly, which makes the job more interesting.

Management is highly dedicated to their teams development.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home
Cons
Na
Company management is constantly changing their decisions which affect the rest of employees, making adjust, change, cancel business activities. This is very frustrating. Worshiping of top management is in place. There is no tolerance to other nationalities rather than english speaking co-workers.
I spent 12 years working for TR between London, Geneva and Nicosia.
Great working environment with many skillful people.

However during the years the philosophy of the company shifted from having as many talent as possible to reduce costs until the sale of F&R unit.
Pros
Job Work/Life Balance and Compensation/Benefits
Cons
A very established company, that puts a lot of emphasis on staff and training. A very forward thinking company committed to Diversity.

Loyal company and was proud to work for them
Pros
Diversity, commitment to staff training.
Cons
Many cutbacks on costs for staff. Relocations back to UK
Conseillère à la clientèle professionnelle produits financiers
Pros
le poste
Cons
aucun
attitude accessible a tous les niveaux
employes souriants et positifs

dynamisme

challenge:comprehension des roles de chacun et des outils car

restructurations permanentes
Pros
cadre champetre, télétravail
Cons
gestion de carrières entièrement drivée soi meme
This was such a long time ago, my memories are all positive, how
things have changed since 2001 I cannot comment on, but enjoyed my time there and keep in touch with colleagues.
Dynamic company with hard working staff. Career development is not obvious, but work life balance is 1st class. Unfortunately plagued by too frequent restructurings and many good people get lost in the process.
This is a prime example of a company that "blew it". In the space of a few years, a management team more interested in lining its own pockets than safeguarding the company managed to transform vibrant and enthusiastic teams of journalists, technical developers etc into a depressed group of automatons whose former loyalty to the company had all but evaporated thanks to the general incompetence of an entrenched management clique.
certains managers ne sont pas compétents et certains collaborateurs sont très personnel.
Pros
parking gratuits
Very nice company to work for, but at the end of each year there are layoffs. Management often changes strategy and the consequences are people having to leave.
Pros
Nice colleagues, freedom to plan work.
Cons
Career advancement, job uncertainty
Deliver quarterly campaigns specifically designed for end-users in order to increase usage and loyalty.
Follow up on open sales lead and deliver on projects.

Customer Relationship Management : being available for the clients to answer ac-hoc questions.
Support 24/7 pour les data centres opérationnels de la région EMEA. Contact aussi avec l'Asie et les USA pour les groupes de développement.Travail varié dans le domaine financier avec technologies avancées.
Pros
Environnement exceptionnel et ambiance de travail très conviviale et pluriculturelle
Cons
Changement de management après le rachat de Reuters par Thomson
Office manamgnet neu dazu gelernt:
Post

Abrechnungen uva

Sehr nette leute, sehr internationales Team

Super büros
I am working as a Contractor in the Customer Administration department together with around 80 colleagues. I am responsible for a portfolio of Finnish, Baltic and Norwegian countries.

My typical day consists of client contacts, order handling, problem tracking, and conference calls with my Account Managers and Client Specialists.

The amount of systems I use in my daily work is impressive and takes time to learn. Also we are working with very complex products and services so working at TR is nothing but routine.

We are over 40 nationalities in the house and I enjoy a lot the bunch of languages I hear around me. TR is also socially responsible company who takes part and encourages the employees to participate in charity work.
Pros
International, I can use my mother language in my daily work
Cons
Difficult to get permanent employment by TR directly. I work as a Contractor for an interim
A typical day at work:

The role of this position consist of giving support to institutional investors in the use of Reuters financial applications. This role enables you to enhance your knowledge in various markets (traditional and alternative assets). The company also pushes you to take internal finance certificates and external certificates like CAIA, CFA or FRM.

Hardest part of the job:

Studying for your exam during the evening and working during the day.
Pros
corporate culture, partys, cantine.
Cons
Tres bonne ambiance au sein de TR a Geneve, tres bonne esprit d'equipe.
Probleme de restructurations annuelles, creant une mauvaise vision de l'avenir.
Pros
Super cantine et salle de sport
Cons
En dehors de Geneve
has been fantastic expereinces and work, life and all other recreational activities was very balanced