Syngenta

Syngenta Employee Reviews

Switzerland61 reviews
You were expected to hit the ground running and work from when you clocked in to when you clocked out.
Good for people who work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Multicultural company, international people, diverse & inclusive, global, complex and matrixed environment.
Flexitime and flexspace/remote working possible.

Nice new conference center with lots of meeting rroms.

Very good staff restaurant.

Challenging and competitive market.

Lots of temp workers hired for flexibility.
Speziell in der Rechtsabteilung ist Mobbing an der Tagesordnung, unter den Kollegen herrscht viel Feindseligkeit, die offen zur Schau gestellt wird. Man hat kaum Aufstiegsmöglichkeiten, es sei denn man hat kein Problem (vor allem als Frau) alle Register zu ziehen. Ein toxisches Netzwerk von Seilschaften das über Jahrzehnte geschaffen wurde.
Mon expérience chez Syngenta à été très enrichissante mais extrêmement stressante.
Les attentes ne sont pas clairement exprimées et les constantes réductions de budget n'aident pas aux réalisations.
Aucune opportunité de développement, vous êtes engagé pour un poste pas pour un autre
Either you know what you get, or you want to master challenges each day, and then it may get difficult, because not all of your co-workers may have the same desire to go the one additional step.
the company is going through major strategy changes after being bought by the Chinese state.
it is not clear how it will continue its development (if at all).

strategy and directions change too often and are not fully clarified to employees.
Pros
cantine
Cons
overall working environment
Diverse culture
Poor Leadership

Clear strategy

No follow through
Pros
Flex time
Cons
no development
Short term minded in cost savings. Management lacking vision and support for their employees. String along employees leading them on to believe there are many opportunities in career advancement. Company not realistic in career development. Often feels like win-lose rather than win-win. You as an employee make all the sacrifices and even when you pay your dues they do not fulfill their side of the bargain.
* I sorted and distributed mail. International invoices were received, verified and processed, Documents archived. Daily reports.
* I learned how do presentations and organize video conference meetings.

* Upper management (other than my supervisor) were unaware of my exact workload, the worldwide scope I covered and the improvements I devised and implemented, such as courriers and mail management, budget forecasting, product renewal payments and bank reconciliations. Quiet diligence!

* I enjoyed the monthly presentations by my colleagues. I felt it gave us all an appreciation of what we all contributed to our department and the company as a whole.

* The hardest part was getting my colleagues to change old habits to more effective processes leading to a more efficient workplace.

* My role had a variety of responsibilites which kept me fully engaged but never bored.
Pros
Always something new to learn
Cons
No deputy for when I was on vacation.
les condition de travail en tant que étranger en suisse sont tres difficile.les opportunité de carrières sont très limitées.
Pros
salaires
Cons
condition de travails
In den letzten 10 Jahren hat ein Kulturwandel stattgefunden hin zu hire and fire Mentalität.
Im Management findet man kaum noch Schweizer die einst das Unternehmen gross gemacht haben, aber dafür US/GB Seilschaften die sich gegenseitig Jobs zuschaufeln.

Mitarbeiter sind in den Augen des Managements keine Grundlage des Erfolgs, sondern Kostenfaktoren.

Es wird ausgelagert in billigere Locations was nur geht. Nur das Management kassiert immer höhere Löhne.

Leistung zählt weniger als schöner Schein und Beziehungen.
Pros
Schöne, kürzlich erneuerte Büros in Basel
Cons
Viele unmotivierte oder verunsicherte Mitarbeiter, viele verlassen Syngenta freiwillig
A truly global company that provides opportunity to stretch outside of comfort zone, particularly good for one with initiative who learns quickly and functions well in a multicultural environment.
Suite au rachat de Syngenta par Chemchina l' avenir de nos emplois la perspective de production et la politique de l'entreprise est incertain. Sur un plan personnel malgré une expérience acquise très peu de possibilité d' évolué.
Many young and international people

Career opportunities dependent on business situation

Dynamic environment, many process changing, gives opportunities to improve but also creates certain level of inefficiency
interesting company in an interesting industry.
Company with a good culture, but limited opportunity to grow. tendency to be micromanaged and difficulty to be given independency.
Syngenta is an international company,where I could use my languages and computer skills, learn a little about agriculture, work with agricultural specialists from all over the world
I have learned that all employees can make and impact and empowerment at the right level its a key company differentiator.
the company culture is one of its assets and culture equals people.
Pros
culture, people
Cons
internal inefficiencies
La suddetta ditta era in via di trasferimento,dunque in chiusura in quel paese . Mi sono trovata bene anche se il lavoro era molto monotono, i colleghi ed il capo erano eccezionali .
Pros
autonomia nel lavoro
Cons
monotono assenza di situazioni di forte lavoro
Good atmosphere and very pleasant collegues with top experience in the agro-chemical business.
Moving jobs away from Basel has massively impacted the overall working environment where there are not many opportunities to advance career - especially in Basel HQ.
Excellent market leading business, globally located and making a difference to the world
Great strategy and vision

Profitability and growth are struggling due to extreme weather and low commodity prices creating industry consolidation and leading to significant change across all competitors