Procter & Gamble
Coronavirus update
Information from Procter & Gamble:

Procter & Gamble Pay & Benefits reviews

Switzerland59 reviews
A great company to work for
People development is given utmost importance

salary scale is very satisfactory
promotion within is applied in recruitment so no professionals can be recruited..
Pros
People development
Cons
promotion with in
What makes the Company stand out - people. People in PG are amazing. This druves a fierce internal competition that naturally forces you to stay current, up to speec in your domain of activity.
For a couple of years, PG is struggling to find its way within the new economical turmoil, the consumer patterns and shopping behaviors. Nlt an easy task under its HUGE business complexity, scale, and diversity. Such scale makes a highly process driven dynosaur, which is not all times agile enough. Always trying to be couple of steps ahead competition, sometimes forgets to focus on basics and puts lots of efforts into shiny blinkers without much effect into such a fast changing environment.

Recently, the political level reached another peak, making any type of performance results disapear behind political curtains.
Pros
Salary, accelerated learning curve, daily complex situstions to solve, amazing people to compete and have fun
Cons
Politics, internal turmoil, non-existing HR, recent lack of real coaches/mentors
Je n'ai pas du tout aimé travailler chez PG, les gens sont égocentriques, l'ambiance est dans le style "requin" je t'ecrase pour mieux monter. C'était la pire experience de ma carrière.
Pros
salaire, diversité
Cons
mauvaise ambiance, équipe égocentrique et égoiste, malpoli
Ik begon mijn carrière in Research & Development en vervolgens verplaatst naar de CMK/CMI-functie. Ik heb genoten van het werken in drie locaties in Europa en had veel reismogelijkheden.
Mijn rol in CMK/CMI betrokken:

Het identificeren van inzichten op basis van het gedrag van de consument, van gedachten en meningen over brand marketing communicatie en het productaanbod.

Het toepassen van inzichten om toekomstige merk en zakelijke bouwactiviteiten.

Het begrijpen van de consument en de trends in de markt om toekomstige innovatie en marketing te begeleiden.

Het beoordelen van het potentieel van nieuwe marketing activiteiten door coördinatie van het onderzoek.

De werksfeer en cultuur:

Het werken met zeer professionele collega's in een echt internationale omgeving. Veel variatie en uitdagingen, steeds veranderende omgeving.
Pros
Ziektekostenverzekering plan, Delen aankoop plan, Pensioen plan
Cons
interne focus
Its a solid, modern, well founded company. They combine modern business insight and management styles with their own strong culture. You can learn and experience a lot, by being encouraged to regularly change job.
The downsides are the lack of internal expertise.. as people are rewarded to change a lot of knowledge gets lost in the many transitions. Even though the central message and guidelines make sense and are inspiring, even senior management is not acting in line with this.
Pros
Nice colleagues, can-do attitude, salary, possibilities for training and development
Cons
Politics, sharks, lack of fairness
Tous les techniciens IT sont mandatés par des prestataires extérieur à PG. Le prestataire principale étant HP.
On était un peu considéré comme des choses pas très importante.

Pour ma part, étant le seul à maitriser la récupération de data après crash disque et la réparation des BlackBerry, et étant très performant dans ce que je faisais, j'avais la confiance de mes supérieurs.

Etant extérieur à PG, il n'y avait évidemment aucune possibilité d'avancement.
Pros
Café gratuit
Cons
Aucune possibilité de développement
P&G is one of the biggest FMCG American companies whose Global Headquarter is based in Geneva (Switzerland).
A typical day at work is composed by lots of interactions with my multi-functional team, brainstorming sessions, creative workshops, and strategic meetings. Since I work here (ca. 5 years) I've learned a huge amount of things, but most importantly uncompromising professionalism, great flexibility, ability to cope with a stressful yet rewarding environment and ultimately outstanding leadership.

My co-workers are amazing people with strong diversity in both their cultural and professional background. I therefore enjoy working with them a lot.

The hardest part of my job is to cope with lots of stress and demanding deadlines, though I leaned how to overcome them and make the best out of it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the multi-cultural environment as well as the amazing level of knowledge/professionalism of the people i work with, which allows me to continually learn and improve myself.

The reason why I am planning to leave is to pursue my dream to live and work in the U.S.
Pros
Great benefits, good healt insurance, young and multi-cultural environment
Cons
Great to work with different cultures
Great to manage your daily job as you want.

Great flexibility from the management for personnal request.

Poor advantages (no participation for food, poor health insurance support, no free parking and few parking places, no compensation for people who live in France (gasoil) whereas Geneva based people do have free TPG bus for 1 year.
Don't trust in management for career development (no choice, the management decides for you even if it's not in lign with your career, you have to do task which does not concern your desk).
Bonne gestion des salaires / évolution de poste en début de carrière
Pros
P&G est compétitif par rapport aux entreprises de référence
Cons
Grilles extrêmement normées
Working on a brand team at P&G is great for a learning experience, working across different job functions and having real responsibility.

People are generally collaborative, however everyone is encouraged to be a leader, so this may mean difficulties in getting support for your project as everyone is trying to lead their own.

With the recent downsizing/ simplification of the P&G structure, this has also generated quite a defensive culture, and people may be afraid to make decisions.
Pros
Benefits, Learning Experience
Cons
Defensive culture, Job security
P&G is a good company to work for with excellent learning opportunities at the start of your career. You will get a good level of responsibility from the very beginning which will grow quickly. The work life balance is very good with a respectable compensation package.

Management is generally good and experienced allowing you to learn a lot. Co Workers are generally of a high level.

However career advancement is very slow and does not depend hugely on excellence of performance.
Pros
Job Security, Level of Responsibility, Learning
Cons
Slow Advancement
- Great company with big responsibility and accountability from early stage of your career.

- Treat people well with it's compensation & benefit, principle based policy approach, and training & development programs.

- Globally binded with strong corporate culture of principles & values.

- In general, people are very strong and career oriented. Due to promote from within principle, people want to change their job every 2-3 years - that cause distraction.

- High pressure every day and at times feel little job security. You feel anyone can be replaced.
After leaving University I applied to P&G since I wanted to start a professional career in FMCG, in Geneva, close to home.

Starting from a position that was very administrative, I quickly had the opportunity to expand my responsibilities by creating processes for external business meetings, senior management visits and sales events.

I had the privilege to work with top managers who identified where I was good at, and capitalized on that, by coaching me, giving me trainings and courses to become a better professional and somehow also a better individual.

One of the best part of the job was the fact that I was truly working with a lot of different people, from different business units and functions. Not to mention of course the diversity of the people themselves.

To summarize, I'm very grateful to P&G for what it brought me during 5 years, and it would be a pleasure to work again there.
Pros
the office, the people, the benefits, the coaching, the learning and developing possibilities in terms of trainings etc
Cons
I couldn't say
Bonnes possibilités de développement personnel. Ambiance agréable et multiculturelle. Collaborateurs très respectueux. Horaires de travail libre.

Peu de perspectives de réelle progression au niveau cadre pour collaborateurs non diplômés d'université (uniquement). Beaucoup de nébulosité concernant les salaires et les critères de progression (du moins dans la fonction PS)

Management peu clair et lenteur de prise de décision au niveau régional.
Pros
Flexibilité des horaires
Cons
Critères de progression et salaires
P&G is a very well structured company that allows one to acquire new knowledge and learn invaluable skills from one of the the world leaders in marketing. Also the company offers fantastic opportunity to move between very different industries and functions.
Pros
great working environment, opportunity to learn and good compensation package
Cons
can be overly political at times