Paul Scherrer Institut

Paul Scherrer Institut Employee Reviews

Switzerland12 reviews
Typically, the day starts at 8:30 in the morning, when the employees would start their day with checking the mails and a cup of coffee. Likewise, I started with the mails and sorting the things to do wit a to-do list on sticky notes. This internship provided me with an excellent exposure to the professional environment as well as it has also imparted in me a great enthusiasm for research, because all of my colleagues in the Institute were qualified with at least one doctorate degree. Hence, it was very influential environment, where i found myself constantly motivated to work better and obtain better results for my research. There was a constant exchange of knowledge and opinions between me and my colleagues, which has also helped to improve my knowledge in my field.
Pros
Excellent support from Institute
Cons
As I am managing a project with industry collaborators, I have to do research work, write report, and hold meeting with them every week. The hard part of this job is that the time is very tighten and there are many things to be delivered on time. I don't have time to work on the topic I really want to work. It is a world wide culture working place which is very nice. The best part of the job is to learn how to manager and industrial based project.
Freundlicher und offener Arbeitsplatz mit grosser Diversität. Der Umgang mit fremden Kulturen und das zusammentreffen diverser Nationen an diesem für die Forschung extrem wichtigen und spannenden Ort ist eine tolle Erfahrung.
Pros
VIele Freiheiten in der Arbeitsgestaltung
PSI is a great place to work. There is a lot of freedom in your daily routine. The amount of work varies from department. I am glad to work here. Smart people around.
Pros
Good cantine
Cons
No so much sport avaliable
I always received support from my boss and from others around the department where I was working, the information and the instructions on how to develop your skills were amazing, I absolutely would recommend this place to expand your abilities as a scientist.
Pros
excellent salary, great accommodation given by the company, excellent experience
Gute Arbeitszeit, gute Stundenlohn, gute Sozialleistung
Pros
vergünstigtes Essen
Cons
Man braucht Auto
Most of the work of a scientist is reading scientific articles, designing measurements, executing them and then writing scientific papers. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in the laboratory.
Pros
Own timemanagement
Cons
Job security, career advancement
PSI est un centre de recherche très attractif car il dispose de nombreux moyens autant matériel qu'humain pour pouvoir développer un projet de recherche. De nombreux jeunes scientifiques du monde entiers sont présents (doctorants, post doctorants, chercheurs) ce qui crée une dimension multiculturelle propices aux échanges.
- spannende Arbeiten - flexible Arbeitszeiten - Qualität vor Quantität - gute Arbeitskollegen
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Paul Scherrer Institut?
- Gute, geregelte Arbeitszeiten - Weiterbildungsmöglichkeiten - Informativ - viele Events
Es war eine neue Herausforderung, die sowohl menschliches als auch politisches Geschick erfoderte. Die Internationalität war ein grosser Pluspunkt.
Pros
Arbeiten mit den unterschiedlichsten Charakteren
Cons
Teilzeitbeschäftigung
temprano y puntual, multicultural retos todo el tiempo proveiendo soporte a usuarios, escribiendopropuestas de investigacion, lunch con colegas discutiendo de ciencia y de la situacion mundial el trabajo es realmente demandante, esperan mucho de ti y exigen. el mejor lugar para hacer ciencia en mi area.
Pros
prestaciones, vacaciones, capacidades tecnicas, expertos en su area todos
Cons
muy demandante, mucho trabajo