Novartis Employee Reviews

Found 161 reviews matching the search See all 3,396 reviews
A great company to gain experience, personal and professional growth
Workforce Strategy (Former Employee) –  Kanton Basel-StadtNovember 10, 2019
I worked here for 18 years, and have to be honest and say that it contributed to my own personal and professional growth. I had many positive experiences here and had promotions at a very fast rate. The company wants fast movers, and if you are agile and willing to constantly change, then you will fit in.
Lieu de travail magnifique et stimulant
Clinical scientist (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSNovember 7, 2019
Travailler sur le campus de Novartis à Bâle est un privilège, e site est grandiose.
Mais en échange, les attentes sont grandes et l'ambiance est très compétitive.
Pros
Conditions de travail
Cons
Insécurité de l'emploi
J'ai appris beaucoup de nouvelles proédures
Laborantin (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSNovember 5, 2019
une bonne écoute avec mes supérieurs et un travail en groupe avec honnêteté.
Pros
travail en groupe
cadre agréable
stage de troisième (Current Employee) –  suisseOctober 8, 2019
Je n'ai effectuée qu'un stage de 1 semaine donc je ne pourrais pas dire grand chose c'est une entreprise complexe mais au vue des retour de personne qui travail là-bas on n'y est très bien payée !
Not enough real direction
Manager (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSOctober 3, 2019
The recent layoffs have impacted so many people, and unfortnately with all of the changes (culture, collaboration, unbossing, mindfulness) it seems to be creating a "cult" like environment, and is not authentic. Same leaders, same structures and same style of working. Lots of hot air, with no changes to the system. Its is hard working through this.
Good
Good (Current Employee) –  Basel, BSOctober 3, 2019
Good enviromnent. I really recommend. You learn a lot.
For the most part a great place to work
Senior Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  BaselJuly 8, 2019
Good bunch of folk and in general a great place to work. Good camaraderie and teamwork, but as is usual with a very large organisation there is a ton of internal politics that can get nasty if you are not sensitive to this.
Pros
Great teamwork, value skills
Cons
Internal Politics
Be careful
Head positions in Dev, Technical Ops and NBS (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSJuly 5, 2019
Corporate culture is performance-oriented, but to an absolute extreme.
Therefore, missing work-life-integration, no job security, many restructuring measures, low or only monetary appreciation of long-term personal commitment and achievements, highly political environment - a big minefield!
Pros
Money
Cons
many... see above
Strong and visionary strategy / challenge with implementation
Head of Lifecycle Strategy, General Medicine (Current Employee) –  Basel, BSMay 15, 2019
Strong and visionary strategy, in particular from the CEO. And the research and development capabilities (good pipeline, on the edge).
A disconnect with the countries and operations that have to deliver the numbers.
Overall, we can trust the company will adapt to changing market conditions (market access) and will still deliver new products that meet medical need.
Pros
Strategy, vision, leadership in cell and gene therapy, pipeline
Cons
Frequent changes, for positions and organization, and disconnect global versus countries operations
Une première expérience troublante
Assistant Head PMO Procurement for NTO (Former Employee) –  Kanton Basel-StadtMay 14, 2019
Arrivé durant un plan social global, mon expérience a globalement été entachée par ce point. Une ambiance globalement dure a est apparue et ne m'a pas permis d'apprécier complètement ce stage.

Les missions étaient intéressantes et complètes, la relation avec mon responsable se passait globalement bien, en dehors de moments de stress importants.
Pros
Culture de l'entreprise, avantages en nature
Cons
Contexte social
Hektischer Arbeitsalltag
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSMay 8, 2019
Sinnloser und nutzloser Restrukturierungsaktivismus, der alle Jahre wieder kommt.
Mit jedem neuen Chef beginnt eine neue Übung, die nichts bringt ausser Verunsicherung beim Personal.
Pros
gute Bezahlung.
Cons
Ständige Angst, den Boden unter den Füssen zu verlieren.
NBS Restruturing - Constent change/uncertainty
Finance Lead NBS IT (Current Employee) –  Basel, BSApril 5, 2019
Novartis is undergoing a major restructuring that has affected the organization in specific division. Until complete an opinion cannot be provided. The relating reflect this uncertainty and complete lack of planning and management.
Pros
Good salary and vacaiton
Cons
Restruturing impacts all benefits
nice careerstart
Postgraduate Trainee (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSMarch 25, 2019
I worked as a postgraduate master student for 2 years in the research area (CBT, NIBR). I performed LCMS QC Analyses of biological and chemical agents and communicated the results to the main stakeholders from different disease areas. I gained relevant experience in analytical chemistry and could develop my skills in it.
I was always satisfied with the work of the Management.
The campus is like a city in the city. I am a very social person and I like being surrounded by people. You can find there different restaurants, coffee corners, gym, post, pharmacy and coop.
Productive place
Postgraduate (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSFebruary 22, 2019
On a typical day at work I process around 150/200 compounds, and produce the stock solution that will be analysed by chemists.
I learned how to work with automated robots, TECAN, solution and powder archives.
The management is excellent. I really like how easy it is to talk to my boss and my supervisor regarding any problem or question I might have.
In my workplace there is the culture of open space, which facilitates the communication between everyone.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the possibility of communicating in a different language and to meet new people and network.
good Company with ample people with scientific background
Projektleiter (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSFebruary 5, 2019
Ich war als Freelancer angestellt worden. um einen neuen Prozess zu pilotieren. Die Arbeit beinhaltete die Auslegung der Anlage(es gab Vorgaben) die Beschaffung der Teile, Installation und Inbetriebnahme sowie Begleitung der Versuche..
Es war ein neuer Prozess wobei bekannte Krebsmittel in eine bestimmte Darreichungsform gebracht wurden ( Mikropartikel)

Die Arbeit war sehr spannend, abwechslungsreich und die Versuche erfolgreich.Das Produkt ging dann zu Tierversuchen
Nachher entschied Novartis eine Betriebsanlage in Schaftenau ( Oesterreich) zu bauen. Dies dann für Humanmedizin.
Pros
Internationales Projektumfeld
Cons
keine
very productive, ambitious, diverse
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Basel, BSJanuary 22, 2019
great research and access to data, knowledge, experience, equipment
doesnt take employees seriously
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSJanuary 16, 2019
churns through new 25-35 year old scientific professionals keeping them in temp contracts.

fine as a stepping stone, but dont expect anything more
Good package, poor management
Inestigator III (Current Employee) –  Basel, BSJanuary 10, 2019
Novartis offers packages that virtually no competitor can match. Salaries and benefits are excellent, the work place is great on the Basel Campus, work-life balance programs are excellent.

On the downside, the organization keeps changing, people get fired without notice, priorities evolve very fast and you have no time to adapt.
Pros
restautants, fitness, flextime, salary, shares
Cons
management, strategy, pressure, stress
Good mother
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Basel, BSDecember 19, 2018
Am thankful to the care and the chances I got from my former company. Many opportunities are given, but I saw the changes in the long year and I lost the feeling of sweet home and welcome.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Unpersonal
Agréable
Production department (Former Employee) –  Stein AG, AGNovember 21, 2018
Très bonne experience, ce stage m'a fait découvrir le monde du travail

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novartis. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K