LafargeHolcim

LafargeHolcim Employee Reviews

Switzerland21 reviews
I've learned a lot about project management and people organization efficiency. Company is currently moving to a digital path, so there are many opportunities to learn about digitization project management and techniques.
With an uncanny detachment from reality, I can only assume the board of the company is aiming for short-term gains in order to sell off even more assets. It worked for Lafarge pre-merger, so why bother with anything else?
Genügend Entwicklungsmöglichkeiten. Möglichkeit im Ausland zu arbeiten wird gegeben.
I havent nothing to comment. I had good colleagues. Internal politics will kill this company. Forcing me to overtake some duties which was outside my contract because some staffs were ill.
Pros
free lunches with coupons
Cons
Internal politics consuming effeciency
Empresa numero uno a nivel mundial en la fabricación de cemento con planes de carrera para sus empleados
Nothing to add to the title. It was a privilege to work for this company, a proud 100+ year old Swiss company. Committment, firm belief in our mission and great team spirit. That was our guiding principles, that is what kept us going. I learned a lot, for business and for life. It was more than just a job. It was part of life that made me what I am today.
Lots of positive energy and good people, the managment is going in the right direction, good work life balance, good pay master. Overall recomend to eny potential employee.
Ein traditionsreiches ehemals Schweizer Unternehmen, für welches jeder gerne arbeiten würde...
Working for an international business and on a global scale is very exciting and you get to work with a variety of people. I would say the downfall is that management is a bit stagnant and the company could use some changes in upper management, which would in turn change the (un)motivated employees we have today.
Since I joined the company, I feel that i am learning something new everyday. The company has a strong willing to drive standardization and harmonization.

The downside of this is the impression of continuous re-structuring and lack of advancement.
Pros
Compensation, professional teams
Cons
Re-structuring, lack of visibility
Constant change in an effort to find the way ahead.....poor leadership at top level.....Need to stop constant changes and focus on the market and customers in an effort to increase sales.....
Great team work, collaborative colleagues. Management is very supportive.

I learned how to use new tools that are very useful. I worked independently and grew a lot. The hardest part is always learning new things, but I am a fast learner and can cope with any challenge.

I greatly enjoy having lunches with the team, on a daily basis
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No job security at the moment
Trés bon environnement de travail,competance de la hierarchie,possibilité d'évolution.
Pros
salaire
It is very big and international cement industry. Company has done a merger with French cement company called Lafarge since July 2015.
I was working as a Quality Engineer at Corporate level.
Groupe fusionné, avec une trés forte culture internationale.
Excellentes conditions de travail dans un milieu ouvert, en mutation.
Possibility to manage project in complex multi-cultural and international environment with emphasis of value creation, performance improvement and knowledge transfer.
Alles in allem ein sehr guter Arbeitgeber, würde wieder gerne in diesem Betrieb arbeiten.
Pros
Vergünstigungen Verpflegung
Cons
Schichtarbeit
From a local branch to the Corporate function I had always enjoyable challenges.
A very good work environment: open management, friendly coworkers, nice facilities.
Pros
A good atmosphere
Cons
Merger was bringing many uncertainties which were persisting too much
Bonne collaboration entre les équipes de travail et le Management
Pros
Motivation des collaborateurs
Cons
Effectif réduit
Working with a group of specialists in different aspects of the business, coming from different countries and cultures and bringing a large variety of experiences and ideas, with the common goal to improve overall performance and earnings. The experience and knowledge of each team member increases exponentially after every project conducted in common in different operational companies.
Pros
Professional work environment; good salaries
Cons
Workload close to 100% of active day during on site projects.
A robust company with excellent products. Nice environment to work in and very international at the corporate.