Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Updates from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts:

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Management reviews

Switzerland18 reviews
A well oiled machine
FLMP is in a wonderful location and one of the most luxurious hotels in the country. I have learned a tremendous amount of organisation and timing during my time. The management and staff are all friendly and ensure that the end goal is achieved as a team.
great working environment
Started at the Montreux Jazz Café as chef de rang, I was then responsible for the terrace restaurant during the summer along with a management trainee. Together we supervised the outlet during the season, making a good result both financially as well as guests feedback
Very friendly staff, good inter-departmental relationships, interesting job
I would have the regular responsibilities of a full-time SPA receptionist, which depended on the shift. The morning shift employee would be in charge of opening the SPA, getting the newspapers and the morning pastries, turning on the appropriate equipment, reading past day reports, as well as the stay reports for the day and for the week. On Mondays you would also need to confirm the delivery of linen. You would usually run through the reservations for the week to ensure there weren't any details missing. Before the arrival of the SPA café team you would also be in charge of making coffee/tea for the guests.
The mid-shift receptionist would continue the work started by the opening shift employee, welcome clients, answer phone calls, take reservations and accept the payments. The closing shift employee would be in charge of printing and filing all the appropriate end-of-day reports and closing the spa and adjacent facilities (outdoor pool, back doors etc.)

The reception team was great and very easy to work with, the therapist and maintenance teams were also very pleasant. Working with my receptionist colleagues was the best part of the job.
The management was helpful and managed to oversee our work without being overbearing. The hardest part of the job was handling clients that wanted to walk around certain rules in the SPA (e.g. no children in the Jacuzzi or the saunas, closing hours etc.)
Pros
Free lunch for interns, accommodation close-by
Cons
Unstable internet at the staff dorms