CERN Employee Reviews for Technical Student

Technical Student6 reviews
Switzerland6 reviews
Geneva is a quiet city with friendly and heartwarming people. I would recommend CERN to everyone, especially if they want to travel a lot around Europe.
La prise d'initiatives et d'autonomie dans le travail est un très bon point du travail au CERN. De plus, la collaboration avec diverses équipes et sections permet d'avoir une vision plus globale des activité du CERN. Le pluriculturalisme présent permet d'avoir une expérience enrichie. Le point négatif reste le turnover trop fréquent, qui ne permet pas un transfert de connaissances optimal.
Pros
Diversité culturelle
Cons
Que des contrats à durée déterminée
Ambiente lavorativo eccellente, altissima professionalità in qualsiasi settore e gruppo di lavoro
An inspiring, friendly and productive workplace. CERN is a multi language environment. It gives you the opportunity to acquire knowledge through the collaboration that you will have with great and honorable professionals.
Pros
Great facilities
Cons
Temporary contracts
CERN has been a very good organization to work in.
I have gained much experience in different matters. When I arrived I was soon given many responsabilities and freedom about my work.

This pushed me to work very hard and do my best.

I had help with technical courses that gave me the needed confidence to develop the professional required level.
Pros
training programs, resources, very smart people
CERN gives you the opportunity to have the freedom and flexibility to work on your project when you want with plenty of amazing inspiring minds close-by from all around the world.
Every day is different and you'll share lunch and coffee with many different cultures, with an entanglement of various languages spoken around you; where everyone is working towards one goal: to find the truth, to expand our knowledge of the Universe and the develop new systems that will benefit everyone; from advanced medical devices to innovating ways of storage.