Bewertung für CERN als Software Engineer

6 Bewertungen stimmen mit dieser Suche überein. Alle 98 Bewertungen ansehen
Sortierung nach: Hilfreichste | Bewertung | Datum
Arbeitskultur
Great team with interesting projects
Software Engineer (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Genf, GE5. März 2019
My working experience at CERN is absolutely great. My team is friendly and productive and the whole organization has a great job culture. There are a lot of events for bringing the employers together depending on their interests, culture and positions. Working with ROOT team is very interesting. I had to find solutions in a variety of small and big problems and it was a great challenge for me. I really appreciate all of my collegues because they tried from my first day to make me feel comfortable and they give me the opportunity to improve my skills.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?JaNein 1Melden
Innovative environment
Software developer (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Geneva, Switzerland26. November 2018
Work was very independent. As long as you showed you were working and producing interesting results the management didn't interfere with the work. As I was a research assistant i was working closely with the Phd student who had designed the initial software.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?JaNein 1Melden
Productive and fun workplace
Software Engineer (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Genf, GE3. August 2017
It is amazing to work here as you meet great people everyday there.
It is a multinationational organization with happy people. I love working here as I contribute to science and I feel that I belong in a big team that always protect me.
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 3Nein 1Melden
Arbeitskultur
Gentle and nice working place, hourly flexible, clearly defined project, goo coordination, good planning
Software Engineer (Ehemaliger Mitarbeiter) –  Genève, GE17. Dezember 2016
Very gentle and nice working place, international
And biggest nuclear research center in the world,
---> Www.Cern.Ch

I have been very satisfied by working at cern, geneva, switzerland.
Vorteile
GOOD RELATIONSHIP AMONG COLLEAGUES
Nachteile
NO CONS
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?JaNeinMelden
Arbeitskultur
Exciting place to work for a few years
Software engineer (Derzeitiger Mitarbeiter) –  Genève, GE26. März 2014
CERN is an exciting workplace provided that you land a job in the Physics department. You have the feeling that you're sitting at the cutting edge of physics research and that you're helping advance it. There aren't many other jobs out there that can make you feel the same way.
My job has always been very intellectually stimulating and challenging, but very rewarding.
The programming effort has always been diverse: I had to solve complex 3d geometry problems, study algorithms modelling the interaction between particles and sensor material and even redesign the architecture of the software project.
Plus, I got to present the project at a conference and publish a paper on a journal.
At CERN meetings are very frequent (too frequent, probably) and almost always you have to do a presentation.

The downside to CERN and especially to the Physics dept. is that it's managed like academia, that is poorly.
The communication between different departments is weak.
You won't make career in Physics at CERN and the jobs are always very technical. The only management experience you'll likely get is supervising a summer intern.
However, the biggest downside is the dearth of employment opportunities. In Physics it's almost impossible to even land a "staff" position (which at CERN it means a 5 years contract).
In other departments becoming staff is easier (although getting a permanent position after the 5 years is still very very difficult).

CERN is a nice place to work for 2-3 years at most, then a safer bet is to move to a more secure job and one allowing you to develop also other
  mehr... skills than the technical ones.  Weniger
Vorteile
exciting work in the Physics department, international environment, many young people
Nachteile
no permanent positions, poorly managed, only technical experience
War diese Bewertung hilfreich?Ja 5NeinMelden

Lesen Sie weitere Bewertungen für CERN.

Sie können Folgendes versuchen:

Beanspruchtes Unternehmensprofil

Sie möchten wissen, wie es ist hier zu arbeiten?

Stellen Sie Fragen zum Bewerbungsprozess oder zur Arbeit bei CERN. Unsere Community antwortet Ihnen gerne.

Stellen Sie eine Frage