CERN Employee Reviews

5,0
Productive and exciting atmosphere with nice restaurant
The staff is very kind at CERN, the food is nice, and there is a ping pong table. The conference rooms are expansive and have good air-conditioning and the internet is of high quality.
Environnement de travail stimulant
La prise d'initiatives et d'autonomie dans le travail est un très bon point du travail au CERN. De plus, la collaboration avec diverses équipes et sections permet d'avoir une vision plus globale des activité du CERN. Le pluriculturalisme présent permet d'avoir une expérience enrichie. Le point négatif reste le turnover trop fréquent, qui ne permet pas un transfert de connaissances optimal.
Pros
Diversité culturelle
Cons
Que des contrats à durée déterminée
Relaxed workplace
At CERN, people are free in their missions. The overall budget allows big tewchnological achievements. The working frame is very multicultural and collaborative.
Productive and fun workspace
The contracts are very limited, there is a high frequency turnover of personnel. Smart colleagues and interesting clubs financed by CERN itself.
Good place to learn.
Innovating place
CERN gives an incredible opportunity to learn and improve in the field where you work.

It's a luck to work in this kind of infrastructure and with experiment people.
5,0
Great place to start you work experience
Good working conditions, atmosphere, supportive and smart people, numerous activities, self development, courses and conferences!
Strongly recommend to apply.
great atmosphere
I recommend. It is ideal place for people who appreciate personal development.
Productive and fun workplace
Being part of the summer student programme is truly an amazing experience. You are assigned a supervisor for your project who is very supportive and understandable that you came there to learn. Depending on the role you get, you can do programming, machine learning, hands on, experimental work, control systems or anything else really.
4,0
It's a nice place to work at.
Geneva is a quiet city with friendly and heartwarming people. I would recommend CERN to everyone, especially if they want to travel a lot around Europe.
Fantastic!
CERN is an amazing place to work in. I enjoyed working there.
Fun Work Place
This was an internship that I had. It was fun being at this research institute because of the welcoming nature of my group. If you are from another country the hard part will be overcoming the jet lag.
2,0
Interesting company
A good company to work for, just very important to be placed into the correct section/department before starting as it could be that you are placed in a department where you cannot really exercise your previous skills.
Pros
Multiple training opportunities, Good remuneration, Interesting work environments
Cons
Internal mobility is limited.
Nice place
Cern is one of the best places to be regarding the work environment.
However, Geneva and Saint Genis are not very lively after work...

Protip: Learn French
Interessant
Pas beaucoup de évolution possible.
Periode de cdd trop long
5,0
Great team with interesting projects
My working experience at CERN is absolutely great. My team is friendly and productive and the whole organization has a great job culture. There are a lot of events for bringing the employers together depending on their interests, culture and positions. Working with ROOT team is very interesting. I had to find solutions in a variety of small and big problems and it was a great challenge for me. I really appreciate all of my collegues because they tried from my first day to make me feel comfortable and they give me the opportunity to improve my skills.
Interesting place to work
Typical office job but a fair amount of freedom and very independent. Experience can vary a lot depending on your supervisor. One negative is that it is very difficult to get a permanent job and the contracts are reasonably short 3 year max.
5,0
Best place in the world to do research in physics
No please is like CERN if you want to do research in particle physics. Life there can be hectic sometimes but it is the best laboratory in the world for this field. Salary is usually commensurate. You will meet people from all over the world in a friendly place.
Pros
The best lab ever
Cons
Geneva is crazy expensive
Ottimo ambiente di lavoro
Ambiente lavorativo eccellente, altissima professionalità in qualsiasi settore e gruppo di lavoro
Innovative environment
Work was very independent. As long as you showed you were working and producing interesting results the management didn't interfere with the work. As I was a research assistant i was working closely with the Phd student who had designed the initial software.
Environnement agréable
Une très bonne équipe , des dirigeants très respectueux
Pros
Très bon salaire
Cons
Pas d'avantages en nature
5,0
probably the best place i have been to
I learned a lot during my experience working at the CMS collaboration. I met excellent mentors who later on inspired me to pursue a new career goal. very nice place.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CERN. Our community is ready to answer.
4,5