Bank for International Settlements

Bank for International Settlements Employee Reviews

Switzerland6 reviews
Working with people from all over the world is great. I have learned a lot because of them.

We also have a sports club, which makes this place a great one to meet people.

I have been working here for nearly 14 years.

The reason of me leaving the area is private. However, I need to rellocate in the Bulle / Fribourg area for July 2016.
Pros
Part-time available, great benefits, colleagues from all over the world
Great place to work. Collaborative colleagues. Good rate of pay. Tax free status. Fantastic location. Amazing premises. Fantastic perks sports facilities.
Pros
Exciting International environment
Cons
Cant think of any
Schlimmste Joberfahrung meines Lebens, ich kann jeden nur davor warnen dort einen Job anzunehmen. Wer andere Möglichkeiten hat einen Job zu finden auch wenn der schlechter bezahlt wird, bloss die Finger von der Bank lassen. Alteingessene, unfreundliche und unflexible Mitarbeiter mobben neue Angestellte,verbreiten Unwahrheiten so lange bis man unsicher wird und Fehler macht. Die Mehrheit der Angestellten wirkt apathisch und sehr frustriert. Viele Führungskräfte benehmen sich wie Diktatoren und behandeln ihre Angestellten wie den letzten Dreck. Es ist absolut verschenkte Lebenszeit dort zu arbeiten, Geld hin oder her.
Really enjoyed working at the Bank for International Settlements.
The management culture was results driven leaving us to develop to achievable targets with the autonomy to use the resources we needed.
A perfect example of what happens when money is no object and promotions are based on who scratches who's back ... don't expect cutting edge and amazing efficiency, do expect politics and big money projects that fail to deliver the basics. Technically able workers with no interest in management will be sidelined and eventually forced out.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Politics
At BIS I worked in an international environment, used my language and computer skills, learned about international Banking and could further improve my languages