Leads all aspects of the Emerging Growth Markets Region at a country, regional and global level with respect to all the medical/scientific activities, including planning and execution for anything related to the Biosimilars medical area.
Medical activities for the Biosimilars area comprise clinical studies, scientific communication, the development of partnerships with investigators and medical opinion leaders.
Manages the Biosimilars project at the country level,in partnership with the regional and the local GMO managers.
Functions as key interface between Sandoz and Novartis Oncology in all the countries involved in the clinical development of the biosimilar project and interacts with the external CRO in charge of the project itself
All the below refers to the Biosimilars Area
Execution of clinical programs
1. Accountable for local execution of Biosimilars clinical trials in EGM
2. Participate actively in selection of appropriate study centers for EGM for biosimilars clinical trials in Oncology.
3. Oversee in cooperation with the local colleagues and the external CRO the performance of centers including trial initiation, patient recruitment and study close-out per plan
4. Be the most senior regional Oncology medical contact to investigators for EGM and support in resolving issues with study sites if necessary.
5. Ensure credible, convincing and actionable information to medical community and internal decision makers within EGM when dealing with biosimilar topics. Minimum requirements Education:
PhD degree in health sciences (Science, Pharmacy, Biology or any other scientific area). MD preferred, but not mandatory requirement
People Management experience, strategic insights and skills to work in a competitive environment
Languages: Fluent English (oral and written).
1. Extensive experience in a leadership role in the pharmaceutical industry (duration partly dependent upon CPO size) with previous role in a regional and/or HQ environment preferred.
2. Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to effectively lead and coach scientific/medical professionals, as well as business-oriented colleagues, at all skills and knowledge levels.
3. Interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
4. Scientific / medical research experience in Oncology with demonstrated record of scientific / medical publication desirable in the specific area
5. External customer focus with strong networking capabilities and integration into the Oncology medical community.
6. Deep understanding of drug development and approval processes, including experience designing and / or executing clinical studies, if connected with Oncology compounds is preferred.
7. Accomplished medical and cutting-edge scientific and clinical understanding in the Oncology area
8. Understanding of local, regional, and country regulatory standards and processes, as well as relevant ethical and legal guidelines in all EGM countries
9. Pharmaceutical Business knowledge.
10. Strong ability to work in matrix environments Novartis - 11 months ago