Novartis Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun workplace
Lab Associate (Former Employee), Basel, BSNovember 19, 2014
I was able to improve academically and socially while working in this Firm. When working on a project you will be working with different members of your team, that you have to assist or vice versa to reach your short term goals in a efficient manner. These skills are important when you are working in any job as you will be faced with various tasks that will be expected to be completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Excellent
Security Infrastructure Cloud Engineer (Current Employee), Zürich, ZHMay 22, 2014
Pros: excellent
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Obsessed with profit and cost-cutting
SAP Basis Administrator and Abap developer (Former Employee), BEApril 26, 2014
Obsessed with profit and cost-cutting.
Bureaucratic to excess.
Employee Focused
Summer internship (Former Employee), Nyon, SwitzerlandApril 8, 2014
It was just an internship, but you could feel the environment was great to work in. Contact is easily made with employees of other departments
EMEA Compliance and Business Process Manager (Current Employee), Basel, BSApril 2, 2014
Pros: bonus, talent pool development, training, travel, flexibility
Cons: change management and communication
Manage flexible environment, organization, ability to work under stress and changes and high international exposure with top management, meetings and traning, travels, global framework preparations and implementation,coaching and mentoring. International cross functional teams and environment, many internal and external stakeholders to provide support, integrity and compliance, laws knowledge and interpretations, change management.
Project Management Office (Former Employee), Basel, BSFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: beautiful workplace
Cons: tight budget
Great place to work. Beautiful workplace and lots of great resturants in the campus.

Novartis is very tight with budget, so, can expect layoff if the nature of work is not important.
Great Company
Associate Manager, Quality Systems (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Challenges present, but increase transperancy, limit beauracracy and and actively enage employees
Pay is good, high stress
IT Business Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 21, 2015
Formal corporate structure. Not a fun place to work. They know they pay well and treat employees accordingly.
Executive Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: advancement available and competitive compensation
Cons: nothing
Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
Executive Sales Consultant (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: offices
Cons: job security
Great people with whom to work at the physician level. Corporate seems to be out of touch and not very successful in bring new products to market. This is manifested by the lack of products and multiple job reduction over the past five years. It is Swiss back and cash heavy so will most likely be around for a while.
Executive Assistant to VP of Development IT (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 10, 2015
Great company, great people, excellent benefits. THis company is very good to its employees and the culture is good.
Productive, challenging and great for developement
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Dundee, SCTJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good wage, respected by staff, good lunch breaks and a confidence builder
During my short time at Novartis I was put into real life business situations of a global company which was great to be apart of. I was given a confidence boost as I was trusted with many things, I got along with management and co-workers very well and day to day work life was enjoyable as well as productive. I would start at 8 and finish by 4 which fitted in great with my holidays and social life. I enjoyed getting to meet new people and to invite people into the business for meetings and promotions.
TMOD/Staffing GM through Future Step/KornFerry (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Good place to work. Enjoyable work environment. Been here for two years. Commute is not the best. I live 2 hrs away but it is worth it.
Focused
Columbus District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OhJanuary 4, 2015
coach & player
- leading teams to deliver business results
- coaching others to deliver results
- mulitiple divisions for potential development
Comfortable environment.
Data Entry II (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: trusts you to do job hired to do without micro-managing.
Cons: work load often demands long work hours
I worked there on a temporary contractual basis. During my assignment in the administrative area, management was great - respectful and treated me as if I was an associated. Did not make me feel like I was "just a temp". I was treated as a team member - even knowing I would be there short-term.
Started career As Senior Sales Officer , Promoted As Field Officer then Zonal Sales Manager
zonal Sales Manager (Former Employee), KarachiDecember 31, 2014
Pros: provident fund, incentives, car
Cons: improvement and personal growth
 To check and monitor the sales in the region.
 To organize field activities of the region.
 To control the Sales team with motivation.
 Successfully Launch cradio portfolio.
 Liaison with distribution salesman
 Prepared weekly sales data.
 Increased sales by 25% and monitoring territory sales.
 Promoted as product specialist for psychiatry product for all Karachi.
 To Organized activities for the doctors of the whole territories.
Favortisim within the Workplace
Manufacturing Quality Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: freedom with work hours and ability to work from home
Cons: racism and sexism
Although the company continuously discusses equal opportunity and work, there was a lot of favoritism within departments
Fun and work
Territory Manager (Former Employee), RajshahiDecember 30, 2014
Good environment and learned many thing about marketing and sales . Hardest part is not at all . Identifying and maximizing exploitation of business opportunities for the given product mix.
Appointing distributors, responsible for execution of sales plan, conceptualizing and implementing competitive strategies for generating prescription and ensure sales, developing and expanding market share towards the achievement of revenue and profitability targets.
Implement, review and fine-tune the marketing strategies to escalated business volumes based on Regional market needs.
A job you won't get bored doing, lack of job security/advancement
Cleaning Validation Engineer (Former Employee), Waverly, NEDecember 29, 2014
Pros: active work, not boring
Cons: poor communication across the departments
This is a fast paced environment, where everyday is a challenge. I learned to multi-task and meet deadlines. Management is good, but sometimes disconnected from day to day activities (which is common in many big companies). Hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines when everyone isn't on the same page (lack of communication). I enjoyed team building exercises, since they made me more comfortable around my co-workers.
Productive, Fun place to work
Packaging Operator (Current Employee), Suffern, NYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches card to say thank you, gifts cards.
Cons: the tension between permanent employees and temps
Working with Novartis showed me another way of working. It was not just about getting the job done but also about making you smarter. We have a lot of training. We were doing a lot of work but in smarter ways that were not as stressful on us.
Coworkers became family members, working 40 plus hours with the same person made us grew closer to each other each day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Novartis

Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the – Read more