Development Engineer (m/f) Mechanical Calculation - FEM/Dynamics
Strengthen our Turbogenerator Development team at our site in
Support development projects with mechanical calculations using the finite element method and perform dynamic assessments for turbogenerator components.
Execute mechanical calculation work packages within large development projects
• Perform detailed structure and rotor dynamic investigations incl. analysis of experimental data
• Develop, maintain and enhance mechanical calculation tools and instructions
• Contribute to root cause analyses
• Respond to customer and site requests
• Give internal and external presentations
• Support the departments design, sales and service
Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, preferably with a PhD
• Several years of on-the-job experience
• Knowledge in finite element calculations as well as structure and rotor dynamic investigations
• Know-how in experimental modal analysis and, ideally, in lifetime prediction methods and material types
• Good command of English, German skills advantageous
• Team player with the ability to communicate with transparency
• Sound problem-solving skills
ALSTOM (Switzerland) Ltd,
Bettina Kiesling, Human Resources
Alstom is a global leader in the world of power generation and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, and provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind. The Group employs 76,500 people in 70 countries, and had orders of €19,6 billion in 2009/10.
R&D Execution Member
Steam | STTG Turbogenerators
ALSTOM - 12 months ago
Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems,...