Senior HR Partner (Associate Director-level) working closely with Global HR Partner Global Discovery Chemistry to support the Basel Leadership team and associates of Global Discovery Chemistry Basel, and to work with HR Partners in Cambridge (US) and Emeryville (US) to support the GDC Oncology & Exploratory Chemistry (ONEX) Leadership Team and associates (in total, supporting approx 450 associates).
The mission of GDC is to discover innovative medicines effectively and efficiently through excellence in medicinal chemistry and close collaboration across disciplines. They have positive impact on the entire drug discovery process from target identification to Proof of Concept, and bring cutting-edge Medicinal Chemistry strategies and deep drug hunting experience to bear on biological problems.
Your role has a significant impact on the success of the business whilst being an important contributor to the NIBR Basel HR team (approx 25 people)
- Build a strong relationship with senior line managers in your client group and be a trusted business partner and coach
- Coach local line management in preparing the talent review
- Proactively support internal promotion, development of internal talent and their early developmental assignments
- Coach line management on developmental topics and encourage them to do formal talent review further down the organization
- Ensure your client group has the performance management system consistently applied, controlled and aligned to business strategies with a focus on development
- Ensure a process to track identified training & development needs and feed these back to the HR network
Start date is preferably by mid February 2013 for a handover before the existing Snr HR Partner leaves 1 March 2013. Minimum requirements • University degree in Human Resources, social sciences or business. Further professional HR qualification preferred
- Coordinate local salary review process within the function ensuring internal equity and alignment with Novartis reward policy
- Ensure appropriate links between performance ratings and reward
- Contribute to the development of recognition strategies that facilitate, support and maintain a high performance culture and support the attraction and retention of top performers
Internal Novartis experience highly beneficial.
- Fluent English and advanced/fluent German
- Considerable HR experience including a number of years as a lead/senior HR Partner with direct responsbility for and partnering with global/multi-country line leadership
- Proven success managing complex HR challenges in a matrixed international organisational setting, working strongly and collaboratively in teams to achieve objectives. Results developing teams and individuals particularly useful
- Successful previous experience leading teams (formal leadership of peer/junior colleagues and Project leadership) and working across specialist HR functions
- Used to interpreting policies and delivering outcomes that make sense to the business balanced with consistent HR processes
- Additional specialist HR function experience advantageous
- A results-driven self-starter with a hands-on rather than hierarchical attitude
- A creative and innovative approach with a sharp objective intellect, experienced in balancing strategic thinking with your own detailed analysis
- Strong cooperative team player, used to being flexible and adapting in a changing environment
- Well developed interpersonal skills; outstanding listening, good presence and impact, experienced presenter & communicator, succeeding through your own influence and consultative approach
- Good planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills
- Resilient, energetic and enthusiastic; responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
(For internal applicants: this is Basel level 10 although a strong level 9 HR Partner could be supported)
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research,...