The main accountabilities are to part manage the a trademark portfolio of over 35,000 trademarks belonging to Japan Tobacco Inc. and its associated companies. To instruct external IP counsel in a range of jurisdictions and to interface with key internal business groups within the business, with particular focus on the Brand Groups.
Skills, Competencies & Languages
- Region specific trademark filing and prosecution work including the instruction of large-scale filing programmes. Dealing with examination objections and overcoming these to achieve registration. Managing conflicts/oppositions and assisting in key IP litigation, with support of IP Director.
- Managing a network of local IP counsels in relevant region.
- Providing dedicated support to certain key Brand Groups based in Geneva.
- Other IP work including assignments, recordals of changes of name/address; recordal of trademarks with Customs Authorities; input of key data on in-house IP database; registered design work, domain name work including domain name infringement matters and web-content concerns.
- University Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years within a similar position with specific knowledge of IP law. Multinational business environment understanding, legal research and analytical skills. Good understanding of Company policies and procedures.
- Fluent in English, French. Computer-oriented. Good command of computer-accessible databases and other specific softwares. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Specialized knowledge of IP law.
Japan Tobacco International - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard