In oder to grow and support our "NDT Methodologies" department, we are looking for a group leader for NDT Applications.
Your tasks will be:
- Ensure resources to support task teams for new engine and component feedback
- Ensure that the organisation and the processes give clear transparency and accountability for tasks, projects and deliverables, as well as maximum productivity
- Manage NDT group schedule for applications in factories, suppliers, etc.
- Extend range of NDT applications for internal and external customers
- Ensure education, training/certification and development
- Secure NDT core competence and know-how for Alstom Products (GT, ST, engines, etc)
- Measure & ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage NDT development strategy & programs and ensure on time achievement of deliverables
- Control financial result achievement
- Create an organization, which ensures a sustainable coverage of our know-how and know-why and in which people are continuously developed according to future business needs by
- Interface managing with other groups within ALSTOM
- Ensuring management process quality according to management system handbook and ruling ALSTOM directives and give feedback for continuous management process improvement
- Ensuring a good know how level for the upstream and downstream processes to allow professional interface management, e.g. manufacturing knowledge in dept. with product responsibility
- To act according to the regulatory requirements of those bodies to which the organisational unit wishes to be accredited, e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 17025.
- To undertake any other duty and responsibility as may be required by the Line Manager
- Behave according to ALSTOM Code of Ethics and Values
- To act according to defined Environmental, Health and Safety instructions, including the general and company own rules
- To ensure that all operations under their responsibility are conducted in accordance with the Environmental, Health and Safety instructions and its associated legislation.
- Identification of health, safety and environmental training needs and provision of information, and instruction to employees, including work task specific training
- University degree in engineering, physics or equivalent (BSc or equiv.)
- Significant experience in application and support in NDT
- Founded knowledge about the physics of all employed NDT Techniques.
- Ability to explain NDT basics to non-specialists.
- Basic understanding in:
Component / Engine testing
Life time prediction
Physics of materials
- Able to work in a multi cultural environment
- English fluent
- Open minded
- Willingness to travel around 30% to 40%
. Basics German language skills
- At least three years experience in NDT industry, ideally Power Generation industry
- Successful project management experience (from feasibility study to implementation and verification)
- Work experience in foreign countries.
Alstom Switzerland Ltd.
Alstom is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides turnkey integrated
power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro,
nuclear, gas, coal and wind, and it offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a
focus on smart grids. The Group employs 93,500 people in more than 100 countries, and had sales of
over € 20,9 billion in 2010/11.
R&D Execution Member
Thermal Power BUS
ALSTOM - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -
Alstom is all about speed and power. Alstom's Power segment is a world leader, providing boilers, turbines, air quality systems,...